Monday, May 10, 2010

Placement stories

Disclaimer : As usual good amount of masala added.

It was around the month of October. It was the time when students had to upload their resumes to the placement site. But before they can do that, they had to get their resumes verified by the placement nominees (me and Rakesh).

One such day during this period ,Harshad pinged me.

"Hi, I need to get my marks verified. Are you free anytime".

Whoa this guy is acting very formal and friendly, I thought. Looks like someone hit him on his head real hard.

"Yeah sure no problem, come with your marklists to my room at 8 pm", I pinged back.

"Your room?In Hostel 12", he pinged back.

"You know of any other room allotted to me in some other hostel?"

"Hello how can I come to your room"

"I suggest walking...but if you can fly, then that would be better"

"Hello Sree, wake up"

"$!#&#%@$# You wake up"

"Do you know who I am"

"A big fat buffalo. Come to my room if you want to get your marks verified", I pinged back, starting to get irritated.

"Hellooo I hope you have not mistaken me for someone else. I am Harshada"

"I don't care if you are Harshada or...", I suddenly stopped and stared at the screen for a second.

What!!!Harshada??? Harshad with an 'a' at the end???So I was talking to a girl all along???

I checked the chat window to check the gmail id from which I got the ping. It was indeed Harshada and not Harshad. Realising my mistake, I apologised to her and explained to her that it was a case of mistaken identity. From that day onwards I made sure that I will never reply to a chat until I am doubly sure as to whom I am chatting to.

*****************************************************************

The following incident had happened to Sheiku during our placement season, though I came to hear about it only recently.

The placement season was in full swing in our campus. Each of us trying our level best to crack the tests/interviews and get into one of the many companies that visited our campus during the placement season. Sheiku too was no different.

For one such company Sheiku had cleared the test and now his interview was going on.

30 minutes had passed...yet Sheiku's interview was still going on.

45 minutes...no sign of Sheiku...

50...55...finally after one hour or so Sheiku was granted his freedom.

Sheiku was all smiling when he came out of the interview room. We got the hint that he must have done great in his interview.

"Oyee how did the interview go yaar"

"Aree first class. I guess this was my best interview till now. I guess they must be typing my offer letter now", Sheiku replied happily.

"Cool dude you are so confident that you have cracked this job. Gr8 going buddy", and everyone started congratulating Sheiku.

"Oh it was nothing. The technical questions were easy. As for the HR questions, I was just unstoppable. In fact the HR was just staring at me with her mouth wide open after I answered her last question. Guess she was speechless on seeing my performance in the interview", Sheiku chuckled.

"That's wonderful. What was her last question".

"Oh it was simple. She just asked how I came to know about her company".

"And what did you tell her"

"Just what she wanted to hear. I told her all these lies about attending their pre-placement talks in August, how professional their PPT looked, how I was impressed with their work profile and how I came to the conclusion from their PPT that theirs was the best company in this world".

"Err did you actually attend their talks"

"You kidding me. I must have been sleeping in my room when this happened".

"Hmm I think I know why the HR was speechless", Krishna told Sheiku.

"Of course I know. I was rocking", Sheiku replied.

"There might be another reason for it", Krishna reasoned.

"What is that", asked Sheiku.

"The company never came for pre placement talks".

Needless to say Sheiku started preparing for the next company.



4 comments:

Vaibhao Tatte said...

Sheku k pyar ka tune use ye badla diya use... vesy bad..
@Sheku- I have taken a lesson from this :P

Unknown said...

Abbe oye sale kamine...

I m not fat I m just big-boned :p

Anonymous said...

yes, big-bones covered by large fat :)

Unknown said...

haha who is this Coward guy... Think u r very thin boned :p .. creater made "Anonymous" for coward and BS ppl :-| ..