Friday, November 28, 2008

End of an era

All right all right it is just the end of the semester and not an era, but c'mon what's life without some harmless exaggerations :). So, finally, after months of toil, hard work, and studies by my classmates and a little bit by me also, we have finally reached the end of our first semester and now it's vacation time!!! For me,it will take sometime for this feeling to sink in. Even the feeling that I am studying in an IIT itself has not yet sunk in, let alone this one.

I really don't know how I feel about completing (somehow) the first semester. It seems just yesterday that we had all gathered in the Kresit hall and were introducing each one of us to each other. That day it was a hall full of strangers. Now, whenever I think about it, it was a hall filled with new found friends, some who have become very close in a short span of time. I must say time really flies fast.

I feel great on completing one semester, and looking forward to spending a few days of rest at home and catch up with all those whom I missed, and I must say I missed them a lot. Yet deep inside me I would miss this campus, even if it is for just a few days. It was truly a wonderful journey till now and hopefully it continues to be the same.

There were some memorable events that happened the whole semester. First would be our CR elections, where Aadi somehow managed to become a CR. This was followed by a "small" period of inactivity by our CR. A series of constructive feedbacks (read shoutings and name callings :D ) from our friends "inspired" him to perform his CR duties in the right spirit. Now he's doing fine :D. What all some "constructive feedbacks" can do!!!

Then there was the freshers' day party which was a special one for me (read blog posted sometime back). Description of the IIT life is incomplete without mentioning the night outs we have on the previous day of assignment and project submissions. Then there was the dept trek, the trek to our hilltop inside the campus, the volleyball tournament that we PGs won, the football matches we have in the evenings, the cursing of the mess food in one voice during lunch and dinner (usually bkfasts are skipped as a life of an IITian starts after 12 in the afternoon) and many more such sweet memories.

My last exam was over yesterday. It was one hell of a paper. It now ranks first in "my screwed up papers" list. But then who cares. Screw ups are a part of an IITian's life. We also had our birthday celebrations yesterday, to celebrate the birthdays of our classmates who had their birthdays on October and November. It was such a grand "finale" to sign off our first semester. Hopefully the joyride continues in the 2nd semester also. Will miss my friends and the campus till then.



3 comments:

Aaditya M. Joshi said...

Write abt the bday party dude!

Unknown said...

well i have a sympathy for people of Kerala... they dunno wats coming dere way this december..:P and i would say m bit releaved for a couple of days wen u r gone.. :) :P
neways.. v'll all miss dez campus days for sure......

sree said...

@aadi : let's see dude
@adil : i guess the same thing is gonna happen when someone returns to ujjain :P