Thursday, October 8, 2009

MTP stories

Disclaimer : Some parts of this blog is contributed by Ajinkya Joshi

It's project season in IITB. We need to submit our stage 1 of our MTech project
(MTP) by this month end. All the class geeks are so busy with their project reports submission that it's been ages since I have seen some of their faces, apart from the coincidental meetings in the boys' restroom.

In order to evaluate how the situation of our class is in this hectic month, let us look at how some of our folks are doing their MTP. Names have been changed to protect the identity of these people.

The first in the list is Mr CurryPurry. So how is Mr CurryPurry doing his MTP...well let's see how

One fine saturday morning

"Knock knock".

Someone knocking at my door. I open the door.
Standing outside is Mr CurryPurry.

Me : "Hello Mr CurryPurry, what can I do for you"

Curry : "Hello Mr Sree Shankar, I need your help"

Me : "Anytime Mr Curry. Go on. Tell me how can I help you"

Curry : "Please call me on my mobile"

Me : "Why Mr Curry. You are standing in front of me, then why should I call you on your mobile"

Curry : "Please Mr Shankar, do as I say, pleaseeee"

Me : "Ok Mr Curry, relax. I am calling"

I gave a call to Mr CurryPurry's phone.

"The number you have called is currently out of range"

"My Curry, I am getting an out-of-range message"

Curry : "You sure?"

Me : "Positive"

Curry on hearing this became very excited. He, who can't dance to save his own skin, now started dancing and singing!!!

I couldn't understand what was happening.

"Why are you soo excited"

Curry : "Now my guide will not be able to contact me and fix the project
meeting. Yahoooooooooooooooooooooo. Another guide-free weekend."

and Mr Curry returned to his room, dancing all the way.

What can I say. Different people different styles.

Now we will see a different character. His name is Tree_In_Kresit (As mentioned above, name changed to hide the identity of our characters). Tree_in_Kresit sits in the Circular Hall of the Kresit building.

Tree_in_Kresit has almost finished the stage 1 of his project. The smart boy that he is, this was only expected of him. As Tree was marvelling at his own work sitting in front of his computer system, a colleague of Tree's, let's call him Mr X, came up to him. Unlike Mr Tree, Mr X is an ordinary Mtech guy. Why do I say so? Well he, like many of us, is successfully screwing up his project with high precision and accuracy.

X : "Hey bhai, how's your project going"

Tree : "Yaar, ye bhi kuch puchne ki baath hei. It's almost done re. Just some brushing up to do here and there"

X (Going green with jealousy) : "Yaar gr8 man. So what is your project about"

Tree : "It's a GPS related project. See suppose I give the coordinates of a place in terms of latitudes and longitudes, the program will return the output as -

You are currently sitting in such and such place "

X (Feeling even more jealous) : "Wow yaar, kya program banaya yaar"

Tree (blushing) : "O it was nothing"

X : "Hey can you enter the coordinates of our lab into your program. Just want to see what what the output will be"

Tree : "It's output will be
You are currently sitting in the circular hall of the Kresit building
"

X : "Cool dude. Just give the coordinates to the program"

Tree : "Ya sure"

Our friend Mr Tree enters the coordinates. The program starts processing
Mr Tree and Mr X both glued to the computer monitor waiting for the output.

And then with a flash, the output screen appeared.

"You are sitting in the middle of the Arabian Sea"

Silence for some seconds.

Mr Tree looked at Mr X.

"Satellite problems"

PS: Thus completes the 50th post of this author. He has thus successfully managed to bore the readers 50 times over :-).



6 comments:

Prashanth Kamle said...

Congratulations!

You've made me wonder how many times I've bored the readers :)

Akhi.. said...

from aug-08 to dec-08 u posted 23 blogs.
and from jan-09 to 09 oct-09 u posted only 27 blogs.
Your performance has degraded.
Sree u have to work hard.

Keep working..

Akash said...

Kya Sree anna, kuch bhi bolta hai re tu? Agar tere blog bore maarte hain to kya hua, kam se kam samajh mein to aate hai re? Wo Aadi anna to kya likhta re mere ko to kuch samajh hi nahi aata yaaron..

Keep writing Sree anna...You are a good blogger.

tarun said...

Also I have completed reading your 50 posts.. Great man... u rock..!!

Anonymous said...

congrats for ur 50th post.. it was nice reading it... :-)

Unknown said...

ardha century thikacho :) kalakkal maga ...