Tuesday, August 12, 2008

meow meow

One strange thing that one can find in my hostel is the number of dogs and cats that have made our canteen their homes. I wouldn't fault someone, who arrives new at our hostel, if he thinks he lost his way and arrived in a zoo. I guess PETA guys must have got the contract to run our hostel.

On my first day (or rather night since I reached my hostel at night) in hostel, after getting my dinner, I was looking for a good sofa to sit and have my dinner in front of the TV( in the TV room). I found a good chair with a good looking black sofa. I was about to sit when I saw the "sofa" opening it's eyes and purring...man it scared the shit out of me...i looked around and saw the room had less of hotel mates and more of dogs and cats. Somehow I managed to find a sofa that doesn't purr or bark and made myself comfortable.

As soon as I started eating I could see the "black sofa" and another "white sofa" looking at me soo innocently...I looked back at them with a look saying "No way dudes this is mine, I paid for this"...I started having my dinner. After sometime I could still see that these guys were still looking at me....I was like "Doesn't anyone give these guys any food"....Their looks were soo innocent that I thought they will cry anytime...Finally I gave in. Ok dudes just one loaf of bread..
I threw a peice of bread at them...

But as you know, the world never works the way we think. After I gave them a loaf of bread they started smelling the bread and then returned back to giving their innocent looks. I was like "WTF eat it"...no change in their looks...I finally gave up...I finished my dinner and got up to go. as soon as I got up, both the cats jumped on to the sofa.
"#$@$#@ They were after my sofa!!!!" I learnt my lesson that day. Irrespective of the looks that anyone gives me, I will not give my bread to anyone.

Last but not the least it's still raining in mumbai :(



No comments: