Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mumbai Rain sucks

I never knew rains could irritate me soo much as it is doing now...It's been almost a month since I reached here and all what I have seen of mumbai are it's rains.All the grand plans for touring the grand city has been thrown into the dustbin.Well I guess I just have to wait it out for the rains to be over with.And by that time the exams will also be here...aaahhh rain sucks!!!!!

It's election fever out here in the hostel. The 2nd years Btech guys,fondly called the sophies,are the candidates.For each and everything in the hostel they seems to have a secretary(called sec in short). There is the sports sec,cult sec (for cultural programs), tech sec,social sec blah blah...lucky they don't have a toilet sec...

Campaining is on full swing...these guys can give our netas a run for their money with the way they smile for getting the votes...somehow they everytime manage to knock at my room after midnight..I wud be like $%^*&@&($@#%%...but when i open the door, i wud be "hey dude,gr8 to see u...err wat's ur name btw"...for me all these guys look the same since I am seeing them for the first time...they start explaining their "manifesto" (yeah they do have one) and how they plan to make this hostel the next silicon valley....in the end everyone ends with a common phrase..'So I hope you would vote for me.."I wud give back a smile which they take it to be "Main hu na" whereas it is actually "GET OUTTTTT"....but one thing is there...these sophies are really enthusiastic about hostel activities and elections...and unlike in my UG college here there r no political parties...and tat is very heartening to see...I am eagerly waiting for these rains to be done with and experience, first hand, the many hostel events that are going to take place.



No comments: