Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Love letter

First the big news...I stood third in the love letter writing competition for PG Fest 2009, which concluded this week.

Possible Reasons:

1) Only 3 entries were there to be judged from.

2) Some other guy named Sree Shankar is present in the campus who must have actually written a good love letter.

3) It might have actually been a "How not to write a love letter" competition.

Actually this was the first time I have ever written a love letter. And where does it end up? In some GUY's inbox. Why? We had to mail our entries to a guy who is supposedly one of the judges. I must be the first STRAIGHT guy in this world to have written my first love letter to a guy. Hope no one else get to have such rotten luck.

Given below is the "love letter" I wrote. Read it at your own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you. Anyone with a weak heart, your journey ends right here. Others, all the best in case you have decided to read it. Since this is my first love letter, I dedicate it to the unlucky girl, destined to bear me for the rest of her life (By the way search is still on...any girl willing to take a risk can apply)

"Why does each day, bring a spring of happiness to my heart. Is it that smile of yours that makes my knees go weak or is it that celestial face that glows like a thousand suns or is it just the thought of getting to be near you,I know not. The harshness of the cold winter or the cruel summer heat is nothing compared to the pain of the heart,those moments of your absence cause. Your very thought makes my heart go heavy with numbness when you are away and as light as a feather when you are near me. Just looking into your eyes gives me a warmth so great that no cold or sorrow can penetrate. Even Mother Nature seems to know how special you are to me. She showers you with snow in winter, flowers in autumn and rain in the monsoons as if she wants you to know how much you mean to me. The winds bring your presence to me from the farthest of the lands. Your beauty is the ray of light that brings warmth into my soul just like the warmth and light the rising sun brings into the world drowned in darkness. The blossoming of a flower dims in comparison to the the blushing on your cheeks. The lovely time that I spend with you are moments that are embedded deep in my heart, never to be forgotten. Would you, my love, give me an opportunity to bestow you with all the happiness in this world. All I ask is the chance to keep holding your hands for ever and ever, this life, every life."

If anyone managed to reach here and is still alive, then congrats




9 comments:

Prashanth Kamle said...

Heavy farting! You deserved the prize :)

Aaditya M. Joshi said...

aah i m touched...

Aaditya M. Joshi said...

good job.. keep it up

Anandraj said...

Da. Ethu sitil ninnanu pokkiyathu? Avasyam varum.

sree said...

@Pra, Aadi

Thx buddies

@Anand:

www.entemanasu.com

UnknownVirus said...

And this is wat they teach at IIT?

sree said...

u bet :D

Unknown said...

hey sreeisfree are u still free. what an expression .. simply impressive. just wondering what it would be like reading the ones which stood before urs.

Archana said...

*speechless*